My first Blogging Award!Well, who knew? Cass @ “foodmyfriend.com” has nominated me for the Liebster Award. It is an award given to blogs which have less than 200 followers, to encourage them and to spark interest. I have found that bloggers have been very helpful and encouraging to me, and I like to try to help others…which is pretty much what my food blog is all about.( I do share a blog with 4 other writers,
I am the “Friday Fox”.)
So anyway, here goes! I understand that I need to nominate 11 other under-appreciated blogs and ask you to please check them out, because I think they are noteworthy.(Forgive me if I overlooked any of you who truly deserve recognition; I am in the middle of painting walls before the Cousins to stay at my place Thanksgiving next week, not to mention all the daily grind and the cooking which is essential! Please come in and we’ll promote you as well as we can!)
Then, I am to give 11 facts about myself, answer 11 questions sent to me and make up 11 questions for the next group.
So, Here goes, “Dearest”(Which is what Liebster means in German, in this case.)
Thank you, Cass!
Random Facts About Me:
#1. Next month my husband and I will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary.
#2. I grew up in the Washington, DC area.
#3 . I have lived in Idaho, Colorado and now live in Kentucky.
#4. I have , however, never been out of the country.
#5. I have a very varied sense of taste in literature, music and movies but
#6. I am still considered by most people as pretty ‘square’
#7. I am a devoted Grandma
#8. I am a published poet, I’ve written song lyrics, a play and short stories, (and not working hard enough on getting those published)
#9. I have a real soft spot for animals
#10.I am determined to cut back on the clutter!
#11. I love to take nice pictures.(I need to post those, too)
The Questions Sent to Me:
- If you were stuck on a desert island, what food would you request? COLA!
- Dark, milk or white chocolate? Milk,(I make pretty good candy, btw)
- Would you rather cuddle or eat a bunny? Cuddle!
- What is your ‘go to’ quick dinner recipe? Herb –seared chicken breasts with cream sauce(remind me to post that)
- Are you a team player or a lone ranger? I’m a bit of a Lone Ranger, but not by my choice
- Where are you traveling to next? I hope to visit relatives in Pennsylvania; it’s been a very , very long time.
- What are you doing for Christmas? The usual, baking away, decorating my heart out and being with family
- Have you ever won anything? Not a lot, but I took a pretty prestigious songwriting award many moons ago
- What is your ideal night out? Night out?LOL! I think I’ve forgotten!
- If you won $1,000,000, what would you do? Buy houses and cars for family members and help others as I could
- What is your favourite charity? Humane Societies(Animal) and the homeless
Those I Nominate:
The Perky Poppy Seed
The Healthy Flavor
Inspire and Indulge
Customs of Christmas
Write By Bethany
Where is the farthest you have even been from where you were born?
Do you live now where your family lived?
- Do you like to live in the city or the country?
- Do you prefer to visit the city or the country?
- In what ways do you consider yourself the most creative?(Name as many ways as you’d like.)
- What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?
- What would you like to try that you have not done before?
- Is there any place in particular that you have never seen that you would like to visit ?
- What would you change about the world if you had one quick wish?
- Rank these(1,2,3,4):books, music, sports, movies
- What are your 3 favorite holidays?(Whatever you celebrate)
OK! I will be looking for everyone’s posts and please EVERYONE, let me know what you think.